Chinese food is increasingly becoming popular around the world for its simplicity and its humble yet extremely delicate and subtle flavours. One of the best things about most Chinese dishes is the wonderful use of fresh vegetables in most of the dishes which not only makes them divine but is healthy and tastes great too.
Here is a simple but extremely delicious recipe for chicken with vegetables. So have a ball making this recipe with the season’s choicest veggies and chicken.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients Required for Making Chicken with Vegetables
500 grams chicken (cut into boneless pieces)
3 tablespoons corn flour
250 gms mushrooms
200 grams baby corn
Red, green and yellow bell peppers
100 grams beans
Salt as per taste
Sugar (a pinch)
1 teaspoon white pepper powder
1 teaspoon soya sauce
Chopped spring onions for garnish
1 onion, thinly sliced
Garlic, chopped into bits
Oil for cooking and frying
Method of Preparation For Chicken With Vegetables
1. First you must wash the chicken pieces to ensure that they are absolutely clean. For any Chinese recipe it is preferable that you use boneless pieces which must be cut up into small cubes. After cutting and cleaning the chicken, marinate the chicken with some salt, pepper and a dash of soya sauce to add extra favor. After 10 minutes add a tablespoon of corn flour into the chicken and toss it lightly.
2. Now heat 2 tablespoons of oil in the pan and add vegetable oil. Fry the chicken lightly to give the skin a slightly golden color and a crunchy texture as well. Keep the chicken aside and start preparing the vegetables for the gravy.
Relish Tasty Indian Chicken Recipes
Tandoori Spices Which Make Chicken Delectable
Delicious And Popular Tandoori Chicken Recipe
Delicious Chicken Satay Recipe
3. First make sure that you cut the vegetables into nice shapes. The carrot can be sliced diagonally and the bell peppers must be in slightly bigger square shapes. The beans and the baby corn can be cut vertically into thin slices. The mushrooms must be roughly chopped.
4. Before frying the vegetables in oil you can lightly blanch them in water to make them extra crunchy and colorful. Add some water in a wok and toss the vegetables for a minute or two so that they look fresh and inviting. Now add oil in a wok and first add thinly sliced onions and garlic along with a touch of salt and sugar. When you start getting the strong aroma of the garlic you can start preparing for the gravy.
5. Mix two tablespoons of corn flour in a bowl with water to make a watery paste. Add that mixture into the onion and garlic mixture and stir well. Slowly add in the vegetables and the chicken for about 3-4 minutes. Do not overcook the chicken or the vegetables as they are almost done.
6. Make sure you do not stir the ingredients in the heat for too long. Corn flour gets thick very soon and you want the gravy to be light and flavorful. Finally add the seasonings like ajinomoto and a hint of white pepper when you serve it on a bowl. This dish is very wholesome and can be eaten by itself as well. Or else you can serve it with steaming white rice and enjoy its beautiful flavors.